Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Today

"You can't have a pity party if you have a thankful heart." That's what I discovered about 10 years ago. But if I was my friend Marilyn, I'd be having a pity party. She's having a very tough time, and I know that God is with her, but she's having a real struggle just breathing these last few days. No, now it's weeks. But she's so strong and so faithful. She'll keep fighting for every breath until the infection clears.

I keep praying for healing. I keep praying for strength. I keep thanking God for her. I keep asking God to forgive me for asking over and over for healing for Marilyn. Now my prayer is that she'll get all the white blood cells that she needs. And thanks for all the people who have white blood cells to give. And thanks for all the matches there will be. And thanks for all the wonderful doctors and nurses at MD Anderson Hospital. And thanks to God for all the tender loving care he sends through all the doctors and nurses, and through Jerald and Elizabeth and Stephanie, and many others.

"This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Somehow, I've got to believe there is joy in every day, and something to be thankful for in every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment