Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Tribute to My Daddy

 
Private First Class Ernst Lindig
 
This is my daddy in his uniform. Another Veteran's Day has passed by and I just want to keep on remembering him and express my appreciation of his courage to enlist and fight for our country and our freedom.
  
 
We visited the World War II Memorial in Washington DC in 2007. The picture of the World War II Veteran Registry above has a short bio about his tour of duty. He was in the 103rd Infantry Division, also called "Cactus Division" mostly in Germany and France. I will also say that he received a Purple Heart Medal. The Purple Heart is awarded to members of the armed forces of the U.S. who are wounded by an instrument of war in the hands of the enemy. I thank God that my father recovered from his injury and he was able to return safely back to the U.S., his home sweet home, and eventually marry the love of his life, my beautiful mama, Mathilde Clara Rode.
 
 
Ernst and Mathilde at Gillespie County Fair


2 comments:

  1. Such a nice tribute to your dad! And great pictures. I see some family resemblances. So thankful to that generation who gave us so much!

    ReplyDelete